I found a blog post today about claims that Trupanion has paid for this common toxicity in dogs and cats. Many people are surprised to learn that grapes and raisins are potentially toxic to pets. I've actually had clients volunteer that they occasionally offer a few grapes to their dog. As you can see, treatment for this toxicity can be expensive. Of course, it's best to prevent this potentially lethal toxicity by not feeding your dog or cat grapes or raisins.
Ok, time to fess up. How many of you have fed your pet grapes or raisins? How many of you didn't know it was potentially toxic to your pet?