Pets Best is offering a 10% discount on any pet insurance policy upon enrollment and every year thereafter that a pet remains insured with the company.
Known as the "My Vet Knows Best" program, it is offered by Pets Best's new underwriter American Independence Insurance Company. While it is available in many states already, it has to be approved state by state.
Depending on the policy you select as well as your pet's breed and how long your pet is insured with a Pets Best policy, the savings could be $500 to $800 over the life of your pet.
The normal waiting period for a policy to become effective is 3 days for accidents and 14 days for illnesses, but with this program, the waiting period is reduced to 0 days for accidents and 7 days for illnesses.
Here are the steps you can take to qualify for this discount:
1) Get a quote for your pet. This will help you decide if you are interested enough in Pets Best policies to apply for coverage. You can also use the Pet Insurance Toolkit to obtain a quote from all the pet insurance companies that offer policies in the U.S. and then compare all the companies side by side to select the best one for your pet. If Pets Best is the one you select, proceed further to qualify for the discount.
2) Download and print the My Vet Knows Best Discount Certificate.
3) Have your veterinarian examine your pet and fill out the Certificate.
4) Fax (1-877-893-6410) or email the Certificate to Pets Best.
5) If you call (1-866-609-7387) and enroll within 10 days of your veterinarian's examination, you'll qualify for the discount and reduced waiting period. If you don't call them, a Pets Best representative will likely call you to remind you of the 10 day limit and answer any questions you have and even enroll you with a policy.
Eventually, veterinary hospitals who have decided to recommend Pets Best insurance to their clients will have these Certificates available to fill out on behalf of clients who are interested in pet insurance.
As many of you know, I've remained refrained from recommending one company over another because, in my opinion, each pet owner's needs and preferences are different. That's why I designed the Pet Insurance Toolkit to help pet owners compare companies with one another objectively and make their own decision about which company and policy is best for their pet.